Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Next Show: North To Maine

I haven't been to an audition in a good long while. I've been going out of town too frequently-- first to Chicago, then twice to Seattle, and this weekend I'll be off to Tobago. It's hard to plan a rehearsal schedule around that kind of availability.

So it came as something of a surprise to me when I got an email offering me a big role in a play being workshopped by State of Play Productions. It's called North to Maine, and it's about the adventures and the people on the Appalachian trail. Especially the "thru-hikers," the ones who take on all 2000+ miles of the hike in one shot.

Aside from growing up surrounded by the outdoors and going hiking every month or so, I like the setting because the culture of the hike reminds me a lot of the culture of international backpackers, something I have a good amount of experience with.

We'll start the workshop process when I get back. There will not be a main stage production of it just yet, but there will be something with an audience, so if you want to be a part of it, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment