Friday, April 27, 2012

Full Life

Midnight on Broadway, near Koreatown, I took this picture. It must have been about 50 degrees or less, but I was carrying my winter jacket and I was still sweating in my two t-shirts. I'd been dancing a lot, and ended the night on a fleet footed swing dance with a ballerina who'd come back to swing for the first time since college (and, she assured me, that was long time ago). I had to fight my way past a lot of drunken NY Rangers fans to get there, but it was an easy walk to the subway home.

Before that I'd been teaching Chemistry, World History, Algebra, and Spanish. Before that I'd been plotting recorded skits in my apartment while I showed a neighbor and newly returned voiceover artist a little bit about how to leverage her demo for marketing. Then after the next day, today, I had my last Alexander Technique class for a while, found a good essay to send in to a development consulting firm who wanted to see more of my writing. Then, after buying my tickets for a trip to Chicago in May, I was busy chatting with friends on the other side of the Atlantic. That's right before I go see another neighbor, having a beer together while he gives me instructions on taking care of his cats while he's in New Orleans.

And then I sat down to write this before I go join more new friends for a near midnight show at the Tribeca Film Festival. I love getting free tickets to stuff.

Then the next day, tomorrow, I will attend the wedding of one of my oldest friends.

The day after that... oh, who knows.

Every day of my life for the last few weeks has been like this, and if I could be happier right now, it remains to be seen how.

Gotta run...

No comments:

Post a Comment