Sunday, May 15, 2011

Will Work For Money

Bad news, kids. I've been not-quite laid off from the voiceover studio I was working for. I'm still on the payroll, they just cut all my hours. So while I still work for them, I'm not actually doing any work for them. Handy, as I keep all my discounts for training, but not so good for the whole paying-rent-over-the-summer thing.

I did just this afternoon get paired with a new tutoring student, but assuming I even hear from her family, that's almost the sum total of my current income. And the tutoring will dry up in June. For some odd reason, not many kids want homework help over the summer.

While paying rent isn't exactly my idea of a good time, it seems a lot better than the available alternatives. So I need work.

In a perfect world I'd love to get work that I can do from home/on the road (like more blogging/social media?). I've got some vague plans to come to LA and then Seattle in July and August, respectively if I can get the funds and free time. So being able to work while in those places would be a big plus. Failing that I might do some more work as an extra. I might take a part time job with some non profit in town. I might decide to start an online business selling funny blue hats for short people. Who knows. But it's going to be at least a month before I can get any voiceover clients and I don't want to starve or wait tables if I can help it.

In short, I'm bright-eyed, bushy tailed, creative, and so used to thinking outside the box that I have trouble remembering where that darn box was in the first place. If you've got cash and want help, (or know someone else who does) talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment